- Bathrooms cleaned & stocked
- Floors vacuumed & mopped
- Dinning table set up for food
- Lasagne's & other dinner food ready to cook
- Clothes set out for the boys & myself
- Dishes & glasses all washed and set out
- Dusting & spot cleaning
- Front hall closet cleared out and ready (thankfully it is very large)
- Enough Liquor, pop, coffee and tea
- Baking done (scones, cookies, cupcakes, etc), which can be done early
- Computer removed from the Kitchen Island
- Stereo set with playlists to last the day
- Chairs placed around the house
Whew! That is a lot, thankfully a fair bit can be done early. Hubby will also be home for the week leading up to the party, hopefully he will have a chance to take the Friday off to help with last minute things. This can be done, and the sooner it is done, the more relaxed I can be for the party. I will start with the deeper cleaning next week, as well as making sure the yard is in good shape (I am hoping the weather is nice to allow everyone to spill outside). The week of the party I will make sure the cake is ordered (I can't get a Mocha Torte big enough, so it will be a white cake with Mocha Butter Cream), as well as the veggie, fruit & cheese trays.
The day before the party will be assembling the lasagna, and any other dinner food. The floors will then get a good cleaning, which will be then be spot cleaned until the party starts. Bathrooms will get a last cleaning, as well as making sure there are enough supplies.
Any ideas that you have for making this as nice as possible, please let me know! I am using plates, and glasses. The only paper products will be the napkins. I know it will be a long day, but I want it to go smoothly for my Mom.
Post a Comment